Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tagged, I'm it...

I've been tagged by our very own lifeguard, ATLLG, so I'm it. Or one of 5 it's.

Here's the rules, apparantly -

Let the tagging begin....here is how it was explained to me.

Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day).
Write down three events, 2 births, 1 holiday and tag 5 friends.

There are five slots in the Birthday Meme. As you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.

Okay - my birthday - October 9

Events -

1582 - Due to the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
So, if I was born in 1582, my birthday would be....

1967 - A day after being caught, Che Guevara is executed for attempting to incite a revolution in Bolivia.

Long live Che...

1989 - An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.

This explains some things....

Births -

1940 - John Lennon


1835 - Camille Saint-Saƫns, French composer (d. 1921)



Holiday -

Uganda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1962)

I'm tagging -

Rupert
Roger
Figleaf
Gracie
Shon Richards

Previous players -

Mizmouthy
JeannieGrrl
Stealth
ATLLG
Eve

2 comments:

Constance said...

Good Wednesday morning to you, Eve !

That birthday wikipedia thing is interesting --

ATLLG said...

Cool! Thanks for playing along. And I even got heat from Stealth.