Friday, March 23, 2007

Who is this anyway?

For all the non-readers of this blog who don't read it with any regularity (or at all) you may have noticed I changed my name. And, you may be wondering why. I'll tell you why.

When I started this blog only a month or so ago, I had an Oz theme going on. I'm not sure why. Something about the pot at the end of the rainbow being the elusive prize we're all after. I guess to me, in that moment, the pot represented the manifestation of all of my pent up sexual desires. So, I picked the name Dorothy to go with the theme. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

It also took me a while, and why it took me anytime at all is another story altogether, to realize that it's also my grandmothers name. That's just yucky.

I would actually like to not have any name. To just be a blog. But, they don't allow that, so I've been forced to plumb the depths of my psyche and creativity to try to come up with something clever. Because anything less than clever won't do (I have to balance out the banality of "Dorothy").

I wrote down a number of candidate names and they all were destined to remain candidates. Until I fell upon Eve in Chains. This time I'm going with an Eden theme. Eve was, of course, the first submissive. "...yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." - Genesis

I'm not sure that this is clever enough to counter the banality of Dorothy. It may actually just be on par. But, better that, I suppose, than feeling slightly dirty by using my grandmother's name.

I'd also like to mention, for all you non-readers, that the layout will probably change pretty soon, as well. This pink is really getting on my nerves and I find this layout to be too restrictive. So, be prepared.

Well, for now, I am Eve in Chains, but you can call me Eve for short. I'm not worried this will confuse anyone, but if it does, my apologies. And thanks for reading!

No comments: