Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Reason to Resurface

I've been absent. From here, from many places. It's been a busy, aggravating and exhausting few months for me. My interest in sex and erotica has been non-existent and while I initally worried about this, I find now it's just where I am and that's okay. Other things need attention.

Like this country. Like the obvious crumbling of the economy and the indifference of our leaders. Everything costs more - food, health care, gas, housing. Everything. There are more homeless people on the streets, more children are going hungry, people are losing their jobs. We're a mess.

There's so many things we can do to help others. Donate money to favorite charities, donate food to food shelves or churches, volunteer time at soup kitchens. Vote.

Vote. If there's nothing else you can do to help, you can do this single, simple and important thing. The thing you are given as a right the moment you are born as, or become through hard work and dedication and patience, an American citizen.

Register today. Vote in November. It's your right. It's your responsibility. Help others. Help us all.

4 comments:

Mortuis said...

Hear, hear!

Shon Richards said...

Political anxiety has derailed my writing more than once. I think I went into an all out depression after the 2004 elections. One thing I keep in mind now is how much my writing is an escape. Sometimes you need to take that escape hatch into erotica when the outside world sucks.

Miss ya.

nitebyrd said...

I tend to ignore politics because it seems as if they are all the same talking heads. This year will be different. It HAS to be.

Thanks for a great post, Eve.

Anonymous said...

~~I can understand this.
But, jeepers! I haven't been here in such a long time, and now I find you in a Political funk!

(So goes, Paradise!)

Take care, Eve...

~x~Will