Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dating? Did you say Dating?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I had a date today. It was a lunch date, so rather casual, but it was a date. With a gentlemen (and I mean that in the truest sense of the word) who found me on Alt. Alt? Wait, Alt? Yes. Alt.com. My profile has been there lo these many months (years?) although mostly unattended by visitors and neglected by me. Suddenly, though, out of nowhere, I'm popular.

The story goes like this:

A young man wrote me a week or so ago and we struck up an e-mail exchange. I'm not sure how he found me among the missing, but he did. Bully for him. He was in fact too young for yours truly, but we toyed with the idea of having it on, so to speak. In a very odd turn of events, he wrote me (in a mass e-mail) to say that he had just seen a therapist (not like this) and discovered that he was a sex addict and could no longer fraternize with previous associates. This seemed strangely coincidental with just the time we were trying to make a plan, but whatever. If he's on the wagon, good for him.

At this point, though, I was, for all intents and purposes, back "on" Alt. Simply by showing up, apparently, the fish come to feed. I was getting winks and visits and e-mails and invites and what-have-you. Most of these I summarily rejected. Why, you ask? Because I don't respond to a cock. If all someone can post as their picture is of their cock, then I can only assume this is all they have to offer. Boring. I'd rather someone have no picture at all then a picture of their cock.

However, I did get an e-mail from a very interesting man who had a real picture of himself (very brave!) and some interesting things to say in both his profile and his e-mails. He presented himself as a real person.*** Now that I respond to! So, we e-mailed a bit and spoke on the phone and today we had a lovely lunch and visit.

I'm not sure what this means except that it proves I am not dead. I hope I see him again and I believe I will.

I don't want to neglect telling you that we seem to be somewhat compatible in our proclivities, as well. I mean, this is Alt, after all. Not Match.com. Now THAT's exciting!


*** I want to mention that I do not have a picture of myself on my profile there. I have a picture of my neck. It is this picture. So, it is me just not my face. I am not as brave.

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

BRAVO! This is so good to hear. Exciting, even! The neck picture is extremely sexy, you should be swamped with offers.

Looking forward to future posts about this "gentleman!"

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Lovely neck. Interesting woman.

but yes, you do need to be punished..

Rick